Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Shameless Plug for VOTES!


Hello friends, family, and fans! Last month I told you all about DWR's Champagne Chair contest. Well, turns out my chair was among the 50 top designs chosen to tour the country! The winners of the grand prizes have not been disclosed yet. But, here is where YOU come in! This week they are taking votes on their blog for the "popular vote" prize winner. Mine is up for voting today. I would be much obliged if you would take just a couple seconds to check out the awesome chairs and vote for one! If you'd like to remain biased like myself, and support Junk Mail Gems, please go vote for my chair here...it's called "Silver Chair," and is the one with the silver webbing and the built in floor lamp! (4th one down in today's selection of chairs)

I don't think they got the greatest photo so here are a few more pics of my entry! Keep in mind that at it's highest point, the top of the lamp, the chair measures 4 inches.

Here's a close-up of the top of the lamp shade:


Webbing: I originally chose a bottle with pink and a bottle with purple foil, to get a cool mix of colors. However, after weaving them all together and looking at the BACK, I noticed this awesome contrast of textures rather than color, and decided to go all silver. (One foil was textured and the other smooth)

There was no glue or tape harmed in the making of this chair...it completely holds itself together. ;-)

Okay, now go vote here! Thank you very much!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's going on in the world of Junk Mail Gems, along with other cool, hand-made "green" products, DIY projects, and more!