Wednesday, April 2, 2008

First crochet project done!


I just finished my first crochet project! It looks intimidating for a first project, but doing it in small blocks made it very manageable. I used this great book of block designs to make it and it was a great way to learn.



Every block is labeled by difficulty so I started with easier ones, and there were instructions on all the stitches in the back. I also recently bought this book of trims which has tons of great ideas for edges and other embellishments and is also full of great color photos!

2 comments:

willywagtail said...

Wow! I love the colors in your rug. It is beautiful and you should be proud of it. I hate sewing the squares together so I always just do one big square or rectangle. A lovely rug. Cherrie

Gretchen Fleener said...

Thanks!! Actually, it's an afghan, which I should have mentioned...taking a photo of it on the floor does make it look like a rug though! I picked the colors out of the big rug in my living room though so it would match the room. I'd love to try a rug some time too!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's going on in the world of Junk Mail Gems, along with other cool, hand-made "green" products, DIY projects, and more!